Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Lower Carb Cheesy Pizza

So my step son wanted pizza for lunch yesterday....and lets be honest....I wanted some pizza too.  I could eat either pizza or double cheeseburgers and cheese fries for dayyyyys. I went pretty carb happy all yesterday morning ....so I didn't want something that I could take 2 bites of and a) be done b) not be satisfied and c) have it be like 40g of carbs for something that lasted 0.2 seconds.   So I ditched the can of pizza dough I had in the fridge and opted for this route instead.  It was my meal #3 for yesterday (I'm usually so good about my eating schedule but yesterday was all out of whack!)....and it was a nice balance of carbs, fats, and protein.  This is a nice alternative to a heavy, loaded down pizza.  It only has 16 g net carbs --- SOO much better than having one slice average 30g!!!  You can top with veggies, turkey sausage or turkey pepperoni if you want too...I just didn't feel like that on top of mine.  If you serve it with a nice salad or maybe some steamed veggies, you can have nice fulfilling dinner.  I had it for a snack and it served its purpose.   Also....excuse the horrible picture and the bite marks....I was seriously ravenous and couldn't wait any longer to eat it.



Cheesy Lower Carb Pizza

Cals: 297   Protein:  19 g    Carbs:  23 g    Fat:  14 g


  • La Banderita Low Carb Soft Taco Wrap
  • 1/2 cup your favorite marinara sauce
  • 1/4 cup Italian blend cheese 
  • 1/4 cup Part Skim Ricotta 
Heat your oven to 400.  Spray a pan with cooking spray.  Place the wrap in the oven to somewhat "toast" (keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn -- mine took about 5 minutes to lightly toast).  Once its toasted lightly, take out of the oven and top with sauce and shredded cheese.  Take the ricotta and drop little spoonfuls all around on top of everything. Bake again until the cheese is all melty and bubbly -- about 5 -10 more minutes.  Cut in 4's and enjoy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment