Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dark Chocolate Berry Goodness Shake

So I woke up this morning feeling a smidge under the weather.....headache, stomach ache, stuffy and runny nose.  Just my luck that I would get sick 3 days before I go to Texas. Those of you that know me, know I'm a huge advocate of eating breakfast, even if it's something small.  You need to eat something for breakfast to get your metabolism up and running for the day.  So.....I was making my hubby's breakfast and thought "ehh...solid food....not so much" so decided on a shake.  Now, in the summer time, my mom gave me 20 pints of blueberries and strawberries from one of her local CSA programs (If you don't know what a CSA is...you should google it and take part in one around you.  Support your local farmers!) Well...I also freeze EVERYTHING.  So in my nice brand spankin new freezer my hubby got me is 20 vacuum sealed bags of strawberries and blueberries!  How does this all lead in to what I'm going to tell you?  Well.....I decided on a dark chocolate and berry protein shake.  Why the berries and not like a banana or something?  Well....a.) I felt like berries and b.) strawberries and blueberries are an amazing source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants! So on top of the NyQuil, Cold-EEZE, and gummy vites I just choked down......I can get all that from my shakey shake too! As Cartman would say in South Park "yyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy".

Anywhoo....so for the recipe.  Because I know you are all  bored with my ramblings.  Here ya go! Oh and yes....I do drink out of Monsters Inc cups because I'm classy like that.


Servings : 1

Cal: 222  Protein: 34 g    Carbs:  17 g    Fat:   3 g


  • 1 scoop Vanilla Whey protein
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and strawberries
  • 1/4 cup Plain non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp Hersheys Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
  • 1-2 tbsp Stevia or Splenda
  • 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
  • water and ice to desired consistency 
Mix all in a blender until desired consistency!


No comments:

Post a Comment