Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

An Easy at Home Skinny Latte

I love coffee.  Anyone who knows me knows I drink at least 8 cups of coffee a day.  I literally always have a coffee in my hand.   So needless to say....I love Starbucks.....and McCafe for that matter.  Hell....I love anything with milk, foam, and some sugar free flavored syrup. So....as I was asking my hubby for Starbucks gift cards just because...it hit me that I can make the same exact thing...if not better...at home without some fancy schmancy latte machine, and have it be WAYYY less cals too.   Anywhoo....here ya go.


Cals : 30    Carbs:  5   Protein:  3   Sugar:  4


  • 8-10 oz hot water
  • 1-1 1/2 tsp Cafe Bustelo Instant Espresso (or really any strong coffee....hell you could just do a dark roast K cup)
  • 1-2 tbsp Torani Sugar Free syrup of your choice (I have vanilla, caramel, and hazlenut)
  • 1 packet Stevia
  • 4 oz skim milk 
Either brew your dark roast K cup in a mug or go the instant coffee route....whichever you have.  Add the syrup (I do 2 tbsp but that's because I like to taste it) and the Stevia.  In a shaker, Blender bottle, really any sort of bottle that has a lid and you can shake...... add your 4 oz of milk (You can sub almond or soy too for those of you that are lactose).  Shake that shaker like it's your job for about 30 seconds.  You should start to see the milk foam.  Put it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.  The heating will make the milk froth even more! Take out....pour into coffee and spoon the froth on top. Top with some cinnamon to make you feel like you're at Sbux.   Voila.  

Oh and ps....ALL the stuff to make a plethora of lattes cost me about $5....which is the price of oneVenti Skinny Vanilla Latte.  So...nice on my waist....nice on my wallet.  Win win.  

No comments:

Post a Comment