Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Chicken and Roasted Veggie Stuffed Red Potatoes

It was totally a lazy Saturday today.  I'm reading a new book and literally only moved off the couch from reading it to cook and go to the gym.  I had every intention of posting my Protein Banana Bread recipe....but it lasted only a day and I have no pictures to show for it.  I did manage to go to the store today after the gym to pick up some things I ran out of and saw these huge, perfectly round red potatoes.  I saw a recipe a few days back from Fit Men Cook for salmon stuffed red potatoes and thought I could whip something up with them.  So here ya go, on this snowy, snowy Saturday night. It's super easy too. I had everything prepped before hand so it literally took me all of 15 minutes to make.  I only had to cook the potatoes in the microwave. This is a perfect meal to be served with a simple side like grilled asparagus, broccoli, or even a salad.  My grocery store was doing a 10 items for $0.88 so I did mine with cheddar cauliflower.  I made two of these bad boys, one for me and one for the hubs.  I did the recipe for only one -- so if you're planning to make more than one, just double or triple. You can also add in whatever veggies you want.  I kept the mushrooms out of my hubby's.

Like I said in previous posts, I make shredded chicken 2-3 times a week.  I just throw chicken in a crock pot, nothing else, and let it cook.  The chicken will release it's own juices and it will create super juicy shredded chicken.  You can roast the tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms in the oven.  Chop everything up, spray a foil lined cookie sheet with spray, lay everything in an even layer and roast at 425 until they start to brown and get soft.  Also, if your filling is a little on the dry side, try adding a splash of water to it.  I saved the insides to my potatoes so I can make homefries in the morning :)





Servings: 1
Cals: 395     Protein: 39g   Carbs:  20g  Fat:  5g


  • 1 large red potatoed, cooked and hollowed out
  •  5 oz shredded cooked chicken
  • 1/4 cup fat free Ricotta
  • 1/4 cup roasted tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms
  • 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence (or you can use Italian seasoning)
  • 1 tbsp Light Italian Dressing
  • dash of salt
  • dash of pepper

Cook the potato in the microwave.  Cut a little bit of the top off so you have a flat surface and then hollow out the insides (BE CAREFUL!!! It will be HOT!!).  Heat your shredded chicken and add to it your roasted veggies, ricotta, dressing and spices.  Toss so it is all coated and mixed.  Stuff the potato with the mixture and serve. 

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment