Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chicken and Ricotta Wontons

I love ricotta....literally everything about it.  I eat it straight by the spoonful because I love it so much.  It might sound gross but it works for me.  The other day I bought wonton wrappers at the store because I was going to make some homemade raviolis and I didn't feel like making my own dough so I was taking the easy way out. I was feeling inventive in the kitchen at lunch today....so I came up with these little suckers. They are deeeeelicious.  And super easy too.  The whole prep took just about 5 minutes and you just bake them for 10-15 minutes.  Hell...it takes longer to make a frozen pizza.  They are satisfying, easy to make, and a whole heck of a lot better for you then the fried wontons you would get in a Chinese restaurant....even though theses resemble nothing of a chinese wonton haha.  These wontons have a nice crunch from being baked too....so you won't miss the fact that they aren't deep fried!  You can have them by themselves for a nice lunch or have them with a nice salad on the side for dinner.

Every Sunday I put about 4-5 lbs of chicken by itself in a crock pot and let it cook all day to shred up.  It makes lunches and dinners super easy too.


So anywhoo...here ya go. (PS Don't mind the paper plate.....I'm trying to use them up because my hubby HATES eating off them)




Chicken and Ricotta Wontons
Serving size :  6 wontons   Servings:  1

Cals:  277   Protein:  22g   Carbs:  26g   Fat:  8g


  • 6 wonton wrappers
  • 1/3 cup shredded chicken
  • 1/3  cup part skim ricotta
  • dash of pepper
  • dash of salt
  • dash of Herbs de Provence

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray well with cooking spray.  Mix the ricotta, chicken and spices in a bowl.  Lay out wonton wrappers.   Place filling in the center of the wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water (you don't need too awful much!!).  

Fold the wrapper in half and seal the sides.  



Fold up the sides towards the middle.  


Bake for about 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.  I topped mine with someone homemade marinara and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.  
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment