Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dark Chocolate PB Banana Protein Oats

This is my go to breakfast or snack for anything or any time when I'm running short on time, in a hotel room, traveling, or just plain lazy. It's seriously easy peasy and takes like 0.2 seconds to make.   When I travel...I pack out pre-portioned bags of all the dry ingredients (your PB has to be in a 3 oz container and its sticky so you want it seperate...duhhh) ask the flight attendant for some hot water and a double cup because that shiz is hot, and pour everything in, stir and let get thick. Banana's go through security easy....not peeled.  People stare at me like I'm cray cray but it'll be aighhhht.  I just feel bad for the guy who I sat next to on my last trip to Austin who had to endure this crazy chick next to him eating hard boiled eggs and chicken.  This recipe is much more friendly for those around you.  I love oatmeal so much I'd probably bathe in it if I could...I mean I can...but it will clog your drain.  

Oh....also don't judge my poor photography.  I am notorious for eating my oatmeal out of the pot I make it in.  I mean...who wants to do dishes right??  It may look like a pot full of crap but believe me....it is so delicious its absurd. Oh also....depending on what protein you use and how much of it you use....your macros and nutrition will change. 





Servings: 1

Cals:  297   Protein:  21g    Carbs:  27g   Fat:  9g

  • 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2/3 cup Water
  • 1/2 - 1 scoop Vanilla Whey 
  • 1 tbsp Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
  • 1-2 tbsp Stevia or Splenda
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2/3 tbsp Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 Banana

You can make this a bunch of ways.....microwave, stove, hot water.  I'll cover each.  
Stove:  Cook the oatmeal in the water until soft.  Turn off heat.  Add remaining ingredients and stir.  
Microwave: Heat water and oatmeal in the microwave until oatmeal is desired consistency.  Add remaining ingredients and stir. 
Cup of Hot Water:  Add all the dry ingredients in the hot water.  Stir.  Add PB and Banana. Stir and let sit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment