Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Dinna- by Linda


Final product, soo tasty
                        
2 frying pans simultaneously
                         
 
So I'm not exactly a chef, I pretty much learned how to cook by just doing. When I lived with my parents I didn't even know how to turn on the stove, I also didn't know how to work the washing machine, and I'm a freakin clothing designer, another story for another day...
Anyway, now although I can use my stove and whatnot, I'm still no chef, but I get by, I just try shit.  The odd time I will try a recipe, and the even odder time it will work, but mostly I use my brain to try when I can.  I wouldn't say I love cooking, I hate having to do all that after a long ass day of work, and a long commute home, but if I didn't my husband and I would be 400 lbs..so there's that.
I had the forethought to pull chicken out of our freezer one morning and came home and thought "ya Imma do Chinese".  Please don't hate me for saying this, but I despise Chinese food.  I mean I like elements of it, but greasy Chinese takeout makes my stomach churn, but husband really likes it so on this particular night I started throwing stuff together.
Step one: rice cooker, cook 1/2 a cup of rice...yep for two people thats all you need
Step two: 2 frying pans, simultaneously
           Pan 1: chopped up chicken breast with coconut oil, 1 tbsp. of soy sauce, and random ass spices
           Pan 2: Mixed Asian veggies (it came in a bag, snap peas and carrots and broccoli), 1/2 a white
                      onion, 1 tbsp. coconut oil, 1 bag of bean sprouts, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, sarachia sauce, salt
                      and pepper, and whatever other spice you want
Step three:  When veggies and chicken are done, put them together into one pan on low and throw
                    your rice into the empty pan and fry that shit up for a minute or so
Step four:  Mix it all together, throw more sirachia on top and enjoy
You can add some eggs in if you like, I was going to, but forgot, and was too lazy to go back, it was delicious without the eggs anyway.
There it is, the shitty cook's version of Chinese food,  we gobbled it down nicely.
 *yes I say shit alot

No comments:

Post a Comment