Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Alone time dinner

Saturday I was alone in my house with my cats and no vehicle.

Alone...all day, unheard of.
Which meant I had a lot to get done, I was very productive, laundry, cleaning, workout, groom cats, etc. After lunch, I had the hindsight to throw in some chicken breasts onion and garlic with spices and my fav hot sauce into the slow cooker. By the time dinner rolled around I was hungry.  There wasn't much in the fridge but there was enough to make what I gotta say, was an amazing dinner.

I sautéed some kale in olive oil and garlic, sea salt and some pepper and a spash of white wine. I like my kale crispy so I wait until the edges are brown to eat it. I then baked a sweet potato in my microwave. I peeled it first then washed it then popped it in for 7 mins. While that was all happening I remembered my avocados. Took out an avocado and smashed half of it with lemon pepper mix mix mix. 

Once the potato was done. I took it out and cut it and laid it out like it was a plate, smeared some virgin coconut oil on it, put on some pulled slow cooked chicken, threw on the avocado, put the kale on the side and went to dinner heaven.

 
Okay I'm not the best with photographing it, but that shit was GOOD.  I was soo full and happy after it was amazing.  I also had extra kale for my lunch today, which made me extra happy.
 
What you need to recreate;
 
- Cooked "pulled" chicken (slow cook a pack of chicken with onions, garlic, salt pepper, whatever other spices you like, a dash of hot sauce and let it cook for hours until you can pull it apart.
- Kale (with olive oil, kale, garlic, salt pepper, a splash of white wine)
- Half of a ripe avocado
-Sweet potato (and coconut oil, or if you want to use butter and can eat it, go for it)
 
Simple ingredients in little to no time.  I wish I worked from home so I could use my slow cooker for everything, I don't trust it on all day when I'm not home.  Lucky Megan...
 
Linda
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment