Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

My very own pre workout

Linda here...I have something to admit.  I don't take pre-workout, or supplements for several reasons.

Reason 1: Money, I don't want to spend it on supplements, been there done that, over it/ I'm cheaper than Megan...
Reason 2: I forget to take them anyway, so they sit in my purse for years.
Reason 3: I don't feel its necessary for me to pump all this crap into my body anymore.  This one time, I took a fat burner and thought I was having a heart attack for a month, that's all it did for me...scum.

So here's the other thing, my wake- up time is 4:30 am...I know I know, its OBSURD.  Sometimes I smack my alarm clock and say "no way in hell" and roll over, sometimes, at least once a week, which means I have to catch up on Saturday to make up for that missed workout. 

I took a brief 1 month hiatus from lifting a short while back and I'll admit it's hard to get back into, especially when you have no help from pre-workouts or supplements.  Now I am back into it and I am determined to do this all natural because...reasons above. 

Last night I had the brilliant idea that I would make myself a coffee, stick her in the fridge and gulp it down cold this am pre workout.  I did just that.  I sprung up with my alarm this morning (because husband yells at me if I don't, it wakes the sleeping bear), got dressed, dodged some friendly cats and opened the fridge.  "Oh ya I made a coffee"...and down the hatch.


Let..me...tell..you..

IT WORKED.  Hot damn, I was ON FIRE. Got me through the whole workout and then some. Here is the recipe to my very own home made pre workout...don't laugh...okay laugh I like it


-Regular coffee, no flavoring etc (I used a Kcup, so 1 Kcup)
-1/4 Cup of almond milk
-put in fridge
-consume next morning.

DONE, that's it, no flavoring, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, I drank it just like that.  I mean if you feel the need to put something else in it, go for it I won't judge you, but it worked just as well as pre workout worked for me in the past, minus the whole tingling skin bit, I hated that about pre workout, also they always tasted DISGUSTING to me.  Coffee is coffee it tastes like coffee.

On a side note, I am by no means saying pre-workout is stupid, I just don't like it cause it makes me tingle for weeks then stops working and it makes my wallet lose weight.  Basically I'm cheap, and this is a frugal way to fuel workouts.  Try it out, it might work!  Or maybe it won't and you can comment about how much I suck, it's fine I'm cool with it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment